Sunday, December 17, 2006

it's my life....

I'm here. Sorry to worry anyone. I've just been so depressed I didn't feel like plastering it all over the blog.....again. I'm sure it gets as tiresome to read as it does to live it. I'm surprised to find that I've had more concern from friends and people I don't even know, than my own family. I guess that really shouldn't surprise me though.

Nothing really interesting going on. Just regular, boring life stuff. I did end up getting my house all pretty and clean. Now if only I can maintain it! I still haven't designed or scrapped at all. I just don't have it in me right now. Maybe soon?

It is bizarrely warm outside today. Not very december like at all, I can't say that I'm a fan. I mean I like nice days and all but let's save those for seasonally appropriate times, k? I don't think it has to be warm outside to be nice, it can be nice and cold. There is a time and place for everything.

Tristan actually surprised me by watching The Polar Express. Not the whole thing, he wondered off several times but he kept coming back to it. I was impressed. It's a cartoon but it's not really suited for a 2 year old all that well. It is a really nice little movie, I'm glad I added it to our Christmas/Children's collection.

I just added two more DVDs to my collection too. Not kids movies though. I just won two darling little guilty pleasures off eBay! I won Tuff Turf and Near Dark. I would be surprised if you have seen them. Maybe Near Dark? It's another 80's vampire flick. It was released the same year as The Lost Boys (1987) but was overshadowed. That's not really surprising becuase The Lost Boys IS better, but Near Dark can't be dismissed. It's good in it's own right. Darker, edgier and honestly, scarier. I'm not all that sure that The Lost Boys is supposed to be scary though *lol*. At least, I've never thought it was scary, at all. Anyway, Near Dark has a young Bill Paxton in it. He plays a vampire named Severin, great job in the role, very chilling.

I'll be really surprised if you've ever seen or heard of Tuff Turf *lol*! It has James Spader and Kim Richards (remember Disney's Escape From Witch Mountain?). I don't have all that much to say about it. It's pure fluff, but I remember seeing it when I was a kid and I was feeling all nostaglic.

Well, I have got to get to the store today. Hopefully someone can watch the boys, so I don't have to drag them out with me. Of course, I'm not holding my breath......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home