Thursday, December 07, 2006

and the band played on....

As expected, Tristan's early bedtime last night backfired horribly. He did wake up at 2 am and was not going to go back to bed! As things would go, Gabriel woke up too, so it was party!!! Little stinkers stayed up til 5 am. I was sooooooo exhausted when I finally went back to sleep. Fortunately they both slept in. Small favors, eh?

This day has been soooooo unproductive. I've just been dragging all day and have managed to effectively accomplish absolutely nothing. I literally mean nothing, I can barely drag myself off the couch. I haven't cleaned, I haven't scrapped or designed. I've been pretty much useless altogether.

I did have one goal for the day. I meant to go to the grocery store. This is no easy feat, in and of itself. One special needs child that can't sit up by himself and one uncontrollable toddler. Of course, fate had other plans for me today. As I was planning my trip to the grocery store, Gabriel decided it was the perfect time for a nap. Alright then. We are not on anyone's schedule so, no big deal. We can wait until he wakes up.

Little guy must have been exhausted becuase he sleeps until 5:30. Of course, this can't be simple. His pullup has massively overflowed. Not a pretty picture. He has also decided that he is starving so he's screaming his head off.

First things first, I grab him and put him in the bathtub. Enter: Tristan. Now Tristan loves baths. They are like his most favorite thing in the world right now. So Gabriel is screaming, unhappy that I've plunked him down and the tub and he's still hungry. Tristan is trying like the devil to get himself undressed becuase he is determined to get in the bath too.

Alright, managed to handle that. Both boys are squeeky clean and scented like Lavender Baby Wash (*dreamy sigh*). Now we play the "keep your socks on game". This game is primarily played by Gabriel, but occasionally Tristan joins in on the fun! So I put Gabriel's socks on. Grab his sweatpants. I put his socks back on. I put one leg in the sweatpants. Put his sock back on. Put the other leg in his sweatpants, put his other sock back on. Put his turtleneck on, put socks back on AGAIN. Fun game, eh?

Alright, now for a sippy cup for Gabriel. Okay, Tristan wants one too. Where is Tristan's cup? Not a clue, ugh.

Okay finally found the sippy cup. Now both boys have cups!

Great time for me to get ready. Where are my shoes? Hmm? Snow is on the ground, so sandals are out. Woohoo, found the shoes!! Okay, ready to go. Grab the boys winter coats, time to put them on....

AND GABRIEL IS ASLEEP AGAIN!! (and sockless I might add) *sigh*. I give up, no trip to the store today. The real travesty is that I'M OUT OF PEPSI!! For shame, for shame :(. I might just toss the kids in the car and make quick trip the gas station.....

.....and the band played on......

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could run over and watch the boys for you to run to the grocery store!

Thursday, December 7, 2006 at 10:48:00 PM EST  
Blogger Cre8tvlyyrsGina said...

Poor Tabs!! I feel for you girl!! I too consider Pepsi as my 'coffee' sooo... I pray the Pepsi angel stops by for you!

Friday, December 8, 2006 at 10:58:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, you just give me call real quick and i can run over and help you go to the grocery...

Kesha

Friday, December 8, 2006 at 4:47:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home