Saturday, December 09, 2006

i am phat: pretty, hot and thick ;)

Well, another day with no scrapping, cleaning or designing. I'm on a roll! However, unlike yesterday, today was completely productive *woohoo*!

I managed to get to the grocery store today!! Thankfully after yesterdays fiasco both boys were very cooperative in getting dressed and OUT THE DOOR! So we got to the store. Gabriel in the front seat of the cart, Tristan in the 'cargo hold' LOL. Tristan tolerates the cargo hold pretty well, until I start adding cargo. He was okay by the end though, he actually fell asleep in the cart surrounded by stuff...if only I had taken my camera!!

So last week, I told you I bought a Blues Clues DVD for Tristan. I thought I did anyway. I remember picking it up and looking at it and putting it in the cart. However, upon further examination of the bag with the DVDs I bought last week, I can't find it. I search everything, including the car, no DVD. Great, I figure I left it at the store but I can't find the flipping receipt either.

So today, I get in the car and of course the receipt was right under my nose. No Blues Clues DVD on there. I have no idea how but I somehow didn't make it to the check out with the DVD. No biggie, I went and grabbed it again. Tristan was excited to see Blue in the cart :)! Amazingly enough, I also found two more Blues Clues DVD on the bargain rack (for 5.50). So we also bought the "Get To Know Joe" DVD and Blues Big Musical Movie, which we had on VHS already but it was worth it. I also grabbed The Little Women b/c I LOVE it! It was a steal for 5.50!

Speaking of DVD's I also couldn't resist picking up one off eBay. Last Christmas, our last Christmas as a complete family with Marshall, we watched The Polar Express. When I came across mention of it on someone's blog I was filled with nostalgia. Last Christmas, wasn't anything amazing. Having been ostracized by family we spent it with a friend. We were on the last legs of our marriage and barely hanging on. It was pretty clear there would be no more Christmas's for us together.....but still.....you know :(. Anyway, I just had to have it. I know it's not like the greatest Christmas movie ever or anything but it is a really nice movie, and I think I'll gain some comfort from it. Hopefully, we can watch it every Christmas and we'll have that little tradition to cling to from our last Christmas as an unbroken family.

My friend Kesha dropped by tonight. She was trying to get here so she could help me go grocery shopping but I was already gone when she started trying to get ahold of me, so I had no idea. It was fun to spend some girl time with her :)! We ordered pizza and rented a chick flick. We rented Phat Girlz with Mo'nique. It was a really cute movie. Not award winning cinema or anything but a very uplifting girl power movie. Finally a movie about a fat girl that doesn't lose weight to find her happiness but rather finds happiness with her weight. Totally awesome message for us lonely phat girlz ;)! That is P H A T. Pretty, Hot and Thick :). BTW, I'm moving to Nigeria *lol*....

Since I'm all about the movies today, let me share with a near 20 year obsession. Have you ever seen The Lost Boys? If you haven't what is wrong with you? I have literally loved this movie since I was SEVEN (yes 7) years old. It was probably the first horror movie I had ever seen. I wasn't even supposed to be watching it. My aunt and uncle were in visiting and they had rented it for themselves. They were camping out in our living room at that time. Being 7 and completely adorable I begged my way into sleeping on sofa bed with them LOL. So they waited until they *thought* I was asleep to pop in this movie. Of course, I wasn't *really* asleep. So I layed there quietly and became in awe of this masterpiece of film.

From that point on, any time I could get away with renting a movie, that is the one I picked. When the video store went out of business I begged until they bought the movie for me. I watched this movie so many times I can quote it beginning to end by heart. I know every scene, every gesture, every detail. I was obsessed. Obsessed with vampires, obsessed with Kiefer Sutherland, obsessed with The Lost Boys. I bought an orginal poster from the movie, the soundtrack, I ordered still photos from the movie and other promotional shots, my mother hired an agency to search for the long out of print novelization of the movie (which I did manage to get!), I searched all night to find the special edition DVD when it came out - and after much searching did finally locate a store that had it!

I can't quite articulate why I love this movie so much. It's just awesome to me. If you haven't ever seen it please do, it comes on TV every now and again. Mostly on Sci-Fi but occasionally it will come on TBS. It's just this cool little vampire flick, lately I've been watching it a lot again and it's been fun. Maybe I'll do a kit about it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how we can get hooked on one movie like that. I have never seen The Lost Boys. My addictive movie is "Paper Moon" with Ryan and Tatum O'neal (she's 10 years old). It's all in black and white and everything about it intrigues me. I'll watch yours if you watch mine! Deb

Saturday, December 9, 2006 at 1:42:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home