Friday, December 01, 2006

Baby, It's Cold Outside....

I love that song!! I think it's my favorite Christmas song, I wish I could find it to put on the blog!

I am feeling better today. I can hardly believe it's already December! Where has the year gone already? It's been quite a year, I can't say that I would care to repeat it. I'm hoping 2007 brings happier things to my life. Things have been way to chaotic for me this year. Too many moves, too many heartbreaks, too many disappoinments.

I took the boys out Christmas shopping today. I needed stuff from the grocery store or I wouldn't have gone. It's not that I didn't want to go grocery shopping but I didn't to take the boys with me. I can't say that I tried all that hard to find a sitter though, so no one to blame. It was actually a pretty nice trip. The boys were very well behaved considering the length of the trip. Thank goodness both of them are totally oblivious to the whole Christmas things still or I couldn't have taken them with me. Luckily I was able to put toys in the cart and they were all happy and playing with them but they are still young enough to forget about them LOL. I'm hoping to get them wrapped tonight and under the tree.

I have to say they wracked up pretty well! The toys are community property here, some of them are more appropriate for one of the other though. I got them a keyboard, a soft train and track, a Buzz Lightyear soft car that makes sounds, a bag of big legos, a Go Diego Go Doodling toy thingie (not sure what to call it but you write on it and wipe it off and write some more LOL), one of those steering wheel toys, a lion puppet that crinkles, big storybook that talks and sings and a set of counting maraccas.

We are also adding to our Disney Collection for Christmas. I picked Toy Story, Toy Story 2 and Cars for them. Neither of them really watch them at this point. I mean, Tristan does to a certain extent. He doesn't quite have the patience for an entire movie yet. I know one day he will though ;)! I also picked a Blues Clues DVD with like 8 or 10 of the "best" episodes (according to who, I don't know?). That one won't wait to Christmas though. We have tons of BC videos, but I only a DVD player in my bedroom, so now Tristan can watch BC in there too!

I also got them winter coats but those aren't for Christmas, just a necessity. They are matching coats, I just love to propagate the idea that they are twins. People always ask me everywhere I take them, its' even more irresistable when they are dressed the same. I also picked up a couple of matching turtlenecks and Santa hats for Christmas pictures.

I got a jingle bell wreath, I've wanted one for years but just never had the extra cash to spend on something so frivolous. I can't wait to put it up on the door. I also picked up a set of jingle bells to go on the tree, now I hear them jingle every time Tristan (or Willow) gets a little too curious. I also got a few other cute ornaments for the tree.

Tristan has been such a sweetie since we got home. He keeps crawling up into my lap. It's actually not that difficult to type with him up here. I can tell he's a sleepy boy. He's trying to lay on me so he can fall asleep. This is a request, I'll gladly oblige for him. It's so sweet. He hasn't napped much today, only a little tiny nap in the car. [and he's asleep, i love my boy]

Awe, that was nice....I just went and tucked him into bed. Hopefully he'll stay there!! I think I might have carpel tunnel -- or something. For the last day or two, my side of my hand and pinky finger have been tingling, like they were waking up from being asleep. It won't go away, sometimes it's worse than others. Every now and then my pink and ring finger will throb. *sigh* I guess I need to try and see a dr about it.

Pardon me for a second, while I vent about light bulbs. Have you ever heard that if you go through a lot of light bulbs that it is becuase you have ghosts or paranormal activity in your house? Obviously, I have heard this. I go through an obscene amount of light bulbs, it's kind of freaky actually. Last time I bought light bulbs I got the kind that are "guaranteed" for a year. Of course, less than a month of use and zap argh. Two of them have blown this week. I can't find what I did with the rest of the package. Of course, I forgot to buy more bulbs at the store today. I had to borrow some from a neighbor, lets see how long these last.

Here are a couple of pages I scrapped last night. I was afflicted by insomnia. They are both scraplifts of fellow Duncan Donuts! This one is ode to my Tristan's big heart. Here is the LO I lifted: http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=37742

Windsor kit [from Paper and Ribbons Collection] by Tracy Ann. Photo Corner by Corina Nielson, Ribbon Flower by Amy Martin, Heart Stamp by Laura Alpuche.
This is another lift from a fellow Donut! Here is the LO I lifted: http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=19078
Strong [from A Mother's Love Collection] by Amanda Rockwell. Alpha by Corina Nielson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home