Saturday, December 23, 2006

Humbug!

I have decided to boycott my family's Christmas events. First of all, I'm just not in the mood for any of it. Second, they certainly haven't feigned any interest or concern over anything I have been going through, so bah humbug!

So I'll be doing Christmas here by myself with my boys. It definitely won't be anything elaborate, but we'll have food and presents and carols and Christmas movies. It will be more than enough for us. If any of my so-called family wants to see the kids they'll have to come here, period. I'm not leaving the house.

Ugh, my living room is a disaster area. I'm not all that sure how it happened. It was all pretty and clean yesterday. Tristan is a major destructive force. I'm quite disheartened by it. I don't want to clean it up tonight. In fact, I don't want to clean it up at all *lol*. However, God hates me. If I don't clean it up tonight, I'll be swarmed with holiday visitors just to spite me. So I'll be cleaning tonight, joy to the world.

I am really tired. Tristan had a truly bizarre night. He went to bed at 11 pm which I found amazing but he genuinely seemed tired. So I *tried* to go to bed too. I wasn't really sleepy but I knew it would come back to haunt me if he slept all night and I only got a few hours. So I tried. I got sucked into watching this utterly disgusting horror movie though. Something about maniac hillbillies (rather insulting, actually). The next thing I know, Tristan is waking up. It's 3 am, yay. He's up, he's energized, he's bouncing off the wall - oh joy!

So I drag my tired self back out of bed and try to wear him down, rather unsucessfully. Finally around 6 am I popped in The Polar Express and that slowed him down and eventually lulled him back to sleep. I am majorly impressed with his ability to actually WATCH that movie.

Then my aunt comes busting in early this morning. I was supposed to leave for a family thing last night but had already decided against it. She showed up in order to shoo me out the door so I wouldn't be late for the day's activities. She was in and out in a blur. I went back to sleep. She did ask if I was coming to her house or my uncle's to which she received no reply.

I've become quite the scrooge! Now where are my ghosts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home