Saturday, November 25, 2006

tis the seaon....

Hey bloggers! I decided to dress up the blog for Christmas! What do you think? I used my Wonderland kit available at Scrapable! The holidays can be really hard, especially if you are already suffering from depression. I'm trying to stay upbeat and optimistic for my little guys. They don't really understand the whole Christmas thing yet but I want to make this as fun for them as possible. I remember this time of year being pure magic to me when I was a child. I'm hoping to give that my little guys too.

I have been trying to blog all day, but it's actually been a busy day here in Bella Gypsy Land, so no such luck! NO! I did NOT hit the Black Friday sales. I have yet to see a Black Friday sale GOOD ENOUGH to lure me into the early morning shopping frenzy! I hope many of you got awesome deals. Sadly my finances also dictated that I was unable to hit any of the super online sales either, oh well, like I NEEDED another kit anyway LOL I have over 300 unused kits on my HD *ack*!

My dad and stepmom dropped by today. They brought me a big piece of carpet for my living room. It's hard to explain why, this was necessary. It's not perfect, but it's better than what my floor looked like before *lol*! It was quite the adventure getting the carpet down without actually removing the furniture from the house. Tristan was sooo excited about all the hoopla going on. He was upset that he wasn't allowed outside depsite the fact the front door was wide open but he dealt with it pretty well. Gabriel slept through the WHOLE thing! He didn't wake up until after the carpet was down and we had completely re-arranged the living room furniture!

My best friend Kesha (you remember she and dh got Willow for me :)! --hi Kesha!) also came by today. That was a very unexpected and VERY welcome surprise!! I don't know if you have noticed, but I don't get out much! It's so nice to have company!

My dad was nice enough to drag my Christmas tree down out of the attic! So Kesha, my stepmom and I, put up the tree and decorated it. I promise I'll have a photo for you tomorrow! It's so nice to have the tree up! It really makes this feel like the Christmas season! With the arrival of the tree I have discovered two things.

a: Cats like Christmas trees.
b: So do two year old boys.

They like them a little too much. I've been spoiled all the previous years becuase the boys have had little to no interest in the tree. This year with a super curious/mischevious toddler and his feline partner in crime, I'm in for a treat LOL! Hopefully, they won't torment tree too badly.

Kesha and I had a wonderful time today, chatting and catching up with one another. It is sooo wonderful to have a really good friend to connect with. I'm so lucky to have Kesha in my life. She is an amazing friend!

I did some scrapping tonight!! It's about time, I finally scrapped, it has actually only been a few days but it felt like AGES! Here is my first page of Tristan when he was almost 1. I just love his little baby face. I can't believe he's almost 2.5 now *thud*!

Bombay Paper and Elements by Jennifer Howland (Joyful Heart Designs. Sunkissed photo action by Michelle

Pearson. Fonts are Susie's Hand and 2Peas Hot Chocolate.

This precious baby girl belongs to a friend of mine! Isn't she absolutely darling! Makes you wanna snuggle her, huh?

Pocket Full of Posies by Paula Duncan and Amy Bleser

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Awww The pages look great, Tabby! Good luck with the tree! LOL Each year we get more and more broken ornaments from the 4 kids sneaking over for a peek while I am busy in another room. I can't imagine adding a kitty's curiosity to the mix. LOL

Saturday, November 25, 2006 at 12:56:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the dressed up blog. It's very festive. Your little guy is just adorable!! Oh.....and you might want to tie your tree up to something to help brace it. Otherwise you may hear a CRASH when you're in the other room. Gotta love them cats and kidlets!
Deb

Saturday, November 25, 2006 at 5:46:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home