Saturday, October 13, 2007

well rested girl...

I couldn't believe it when I opened my eyes this morning. It was actually morning. The sun was up. I must have worn them out shopping yesterday because they both slept through the whole entire night. That's not a huge thing for Tristan but its practically constitutes a national holiday for Gabriel *lol*!

Gabriel's appointments went well on Thursday and we don't need to follow up for a year *woohoo*! They are considering doing a surgery on his ears that isn't exactly medically necessary but it might help him feel better about his appearance as time goes on and it may help him keep his hearing aids in better. You can kind of see it one of the layouts I'll share today but his ears have an interesting shape to them. The Commission for Children with Special Healthcare Needs want to help make Gabriel's life as normal as it can be. Honestly, I'm still undecided about the surgery. Gabriel has multiple issues and with everything considered I'm not even sure how likely it is that other kids will notice his ears when he comes rolling through in a wheel chair. Of course, I'm not a kid anymore so I don't know. I've got a year to think about it so we'll see.

A funny little side note about our visit to the dr's office. Tristan is so obsessed with the movie Ice Age right now. We *just* came off a big run where he wanted to watch "fish" (Finding Nemo) everyday. So Tristan wants to watch Ice Age (Ice as he calls it) all the time. Imagine my surprise when we walked into the dr's office and what else would they be playing for the kids but ICE AGE *lol*. I *almost* wished Tristan was there with us.

We went shopping for Halloween costumes yesterday! That is very unlike me. I usually have the costumes chosen and purchased by mid-September *lol*! I hate waiting until the last minute because the selection for cute kids costumes becomes really sparse. I'm happy with the final selection though. They are going to be puppies!! Tristan is nearing the age where he is going to want to decide what he wants to be for Halloween so I figured this is my last chance to have cutesie matching costumes *lol*. For what it's worth I think he will like being a puppy because he already loves to pretend he's a dog! The puppy part of the costume is more of a little vest type thing. It's plump and furry and has a hood with ears and it has a tail *lol*. We got brown shirts and khaki pants to wear underneath them. I'm really tempted to paint their noses brown and maybe a brown circle around an eye but I'm really not sure how they will tolerate the face make up so I'm still undecided!

Before I rush off this morning I'll share my latest creations. This is a series of photos I have always loved of Gabriel. The photos aren't edited in anyway but his eyes look SO BLUE. I used Pamela Gibson My Favorite Winter Sweater Kit.
Another page using Pamela's goodies. My 14 week entry in my pregnancy album!
Credits

And my 15 week page using Karen Hunts Summer Skirt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home