Tuesday, October 30, 2007

On the eve of Halloween...

BOO!

Did you think I had vanished again? Nope I'm here. Just no time to blog. Life has been busy with lots of small stuff that added up to no time for blogging *lol*! I also had a sick kiddo :(! Gabriel had tonsilitis for most of last week and all weekend. Thankfully he was finally well enough to go back to school today.

I did tons of bunches of layouts but there are really just too many to blog so you can scoot on over to my gallery if you are curious! DST Gallery :).

Tonight is the big night! We are finally going to go trick or treating! Over the years there have been various reasons but we have never been trick or treating. We had every intention of going last year but an exhausting pre-trick-or-treat party and the unwelcome intrusion of rain we had two grumpy kiddos and ended up not going after all. So cross your fingers for us. I think this year we may actually make it happen!

The next town over is doing "Halloween on Main." I guess the nowadays kids are discouraged from going to house to house like we used to do as kids. So they shut down main street for two hours and the businesses give out candy. There are supposed to be some other things going on but I honestly am not sure what they are. I think the boys will have a good time and I know Tristan will enjoy getting the candy *lol*!

I know house to house trick or treating is still going to happen but we are going to skip it. It's too complicated with a wheelchair. Most streets (especially the town I live in) aren't really wheelchair friendly. I'm actually not even sure how we are going to go through all of main street with Gabriel's chair. I guess we'll get it worked out!

If you peak in my gallery you'll see we have tried to have some pre-Halloween fun. We have had Jack-O-Lantern Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Mini Mummy Pizza. Last night we made Halloween cookies which were a big hit *lol*!

We had to go buy Tristan some new shoes yesterday! Isn't it amazing how fast kids feet grow? I swear he just got new shoes in July or August but it was definitely time again. He started complaining about his feet and I checked his shoes yesterday and sure enough his little toes were right to the end of his shoes! We got some cute shoes from the Disney's Cars movie. That kid loves Cars! He was really excited about the shoes. The only disappointing thing is that they didn't light up like his old shoes though they supposedly glow in the dark. He was happy enough to trade off lights for Lightning McQeen though. However, next time I'm going to search extra hard to try and find some Cars shoes that light up too!

I'll be sure to snap lots of pics of my puppy dogs tonight! I can't wait to see how cute they'll be. The fun won't be over tonight though. They are going to have a "Fall" party at school tomorrow with some fun treats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home