Friday, January 26, 2007

another week bytes the dust!

I'm not entirely sure my day could have been any worse. Well, it probably could have, so I guess I should be thankful. I overslept this morning. That is always a wonderful way to start out the day! My oversleeping caused Gabriel to miss his school bus, I literally woke up at the exact minute his school arrives every morning.

So I'm scrambling becuase I have a counseling appt. I can't take Gabriel too school and make the appt so I decide to take him with me to the appt. Only I don't have enough time to disassemble his wheelchair, so that means I'll have to take him to the appt, turn around come back home get his chair and then take him to school. Fine, whatever, the important thing is that I make to my counseling appt.

So I run out the door, hair unbrushed, still wearing my pj's. I get to the counseling center and find out my counselor is OUT SICK. Great! UGH. So I turn around and come home. It's starts snowing heavily on the way home. I arrive at home and there is snow is in full gear my yard is white, there is snow all over the yard. So I decide not to take Gabriel to school because I figure it will let out early anyway.

We are both exhausted so I put him back to bed and crawled in bed myself. I woke a few hours later to a knock on my door. The family resource person at Gabriel's school was in the area and stopped by to see why he wasn't at school. What are the odds of that happening? I explained and she understood. It's not like Gabriel can be truant anyway, he's only 3 *lol*!

We talked a little bit about how Gabriel was doing and that everyone loved him so much. I got a chance to voice some concerns about Gabriel eating at school. He has thrown up everyday at school for over a week. This is partially because he is still sick. He has a cough that won't go away despite numerous trips to the dr and various attempts at treating it. He coughs so hard that when he is eating throws up. I also strongly feel that they aren't used to Gabriel's limitations food-wise. I think they aren't getting his food to the proper consistency. Gabriel has struggled with this cough for over 2 weeks now and he hasn't ever thrown up at home, so it's simply something they are doing at school!

Let's see, Lena tagged me a while ago, maybe a week ago or something. I kept forgetting to do it. It's name your 7 favorite songs. That's hard, I'm flakey about music. Anyway, here we go for this moment in time:

  1. Just Like Heaven by Katie Melua (currently playing on my myspace)
  2. Mad World by Michael Andrews featuring Gary Jules
  3. Hate Me by Blue October
  4. Brighter than Sunshine by Aqualung (currently playing on my blog)
  5. Blurry by Puddle of Mudd
  6. Fade Into You by Mazzy Star
  7. Come Black by Marilyn Manson

I am back in the full swing of designing now! I'm working on a new collection called Everyday Celebrations. Not sure when it will be done, but you will be the first to know!

I also updated the blog skin today :)! I was tired of the winterfest! I used my Jubilee kit which you can find at ACOT, ES and DSS! I'm really happy with the new look. You can see my new logo up on the new banner. It is almost the one year anniversary of Bella Gypsy Designs and it was time for a fresh new look.

Also, I know that I said I wasn't going to do a Valentine kit BUT I might. Not because I have changed my position on the *cough* holiday but becuase I came across a partially finished kit I started back in December that is sort of Valentine-ish. It's not pink or anything but surprisingly one of the papers has hearts on it and I did a heart element for it. I was surprised because I don't do that many heart papers or elements. I mean I HAVE done them but not all that often. Anywy the scheme is red, brown, cream and orange. Kind of boyish scheme. Since I just found it today, I might temporarily stop working on my collection and finish it up for release.

Wish me luck on my date tomorrow (actually today considering it's already 2:30 am!). I'm making dinner for him, chicken tacos. I think we are also going to watch a movie. Just going to play it by ear, I'll let you know how it goes :).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new skin! A boyish Valentine's kit sounds great! You don't see too many of those around.

Friday, January 26, 2007 at 11:03:00 AM EST  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

love the new skin, tabby!

Friday, January 26, 2007 at 11:06:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the dressed up Blog!! Hope the date goes well! You deserve some happiness.
Deb

Friday, January 26, 2007 at 12:50:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home