Saturday, January 20, 2007

will it ever go away?

I feel like I've been sick for months! I know it's really only been about a week but good grief! I ended up not feeling well enough to go out (on my date) last night. So we have rescheduled for next Friday. I have to be well by then, right?

I hate being sick! It has been a total drain on my week, I haven't really managed to accomplish anything. I pretty much just layed around and watched tv. I did scrap one page, which I will share in a future blog post.

Oh I took Gabriel for a swallow test on Wednesday. They were looking to see if he was aspirating anything into his lungs while eating. You know he's had an 'incurable' cough for a couple of weeks now. Thank goodness, he isn't aspirating. The tech said his swallow isn't emptying well though. I'm not sure exactly what that means or if there is anything to be done about it. I guess I'll find out from the doctor next week.

I watched The Fog this week. I usually don't watch horror movies by myself but I decided I could handle it. It wasn't really all that scary. I'm not really sure I made a wise decision to watch a movie about a natural, common weather phenonomenon though. I don't need to go around being scared of fog, especially in Kentucky. Given the plot of the film, I don't think I have anything to be worried about though.

Let's see, did I watch anything else of interest? Oh yes, I watched Click. That was a pretty good movie. It was funny and poignant at the same time. That is a hard combination to attain! I would definitely add that one to your "to rent" list, if you haven't already seen it.

I also received my long awaited eBay wins this week. By long awaited, I mean a little over a week but I was so anxious for them to arrive I couldn't stand it. I received the first season of Big Love. Have you seen this show? It comes on HBO. It's stars Bill Paxton, Jean Tripplehorn, Chloe Sevigny and Gennifer Goodwin? Bill Paxton plays a polygamist and they are his three wives. It's a very compelling drama. The second season airs this summer, I can't wait!

Alas, my prized possession also arrived. All 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's like the Holy Grail *lol*. Okay, maybe not but you get the idea! If you haven't ever seen this show (where have you been?) it airs on FX weekday mornings at 7 am EST. They are currently airing the fifth season. I have been loving watching it from the beginning again. I'm currently in the midst of watching the 3rd Season. Most fans think the 3rd season is the best. I do like it but I don't agree. The best season, in my opinion is the 6th. That show just got better and better the longer it aired.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Well it sounds like you got your weekend all put together! Have fun watching all of your shows and prayers for Gabriel, I hope he starts feeling better soon.

Saturday, January 20, 2007 at 11:55:00 AM EST  
Blogger Saskia said...

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well Tabatha, hope you'll get better soon!

Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 11:44:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home