Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I did it...

I finally caved and did it. I went out and rented the first season of Grey's Anatomy! Everyone just kept raving about what a great show it was. I finally just had to see for myself. Here is what I think...

If I had started watching this show from the first time it came on air. I'm not so sure that I would have continued to watch it. I mean, the first few episodes were okay. They weren't bad but they weren't great. Nothing happened that would have made me think "Wow, I can't miss the next episode of this show!" However, having rented it on DVD, it's safe to say I'm hooked. I can't put my finger on what happened but somewhere between...lets say...episodes 3 and 5...I got hooked. I finally was invested enough in the characters of the show to want to see what happened next. By the end of the 1st season I was fully engrossed.

So Grey's Anatomy didn't reel me in from the first shot like Lost but it has a lot of charm and warmth. The characters are real and endearing. From what I saw, they continued to get better and better throughout the first season. Now that is saying a lot. The first season is mere 9 episodes. Most television shows have between 22 and 26 episodes per season. If I recall correctly Grey's was a mid season replacement though.

Basically, what I'm saying, if you haven't seen this show RUN don't WALK to your nearest Blockbuster and rent it! Since the first season is so short you can buy it at Wal-Mart for $20, the second season will run you $48 though. I haven't started watching the second season yet. I did rent the first disc of the second season though. I think I'm going to go back and pick up the rest of the 2nd season today or tomorrow :)!

By the way, I did end up getting Tristan back yesterday :)! My aunt brought him home late last night. He was sound asleep. He woke up a few hours later but quickly went back to sleep!

3 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

I can totally relate, my 15yo daughter brought home the first two seasons from a friend last week - and she and I are like horrible addicts! Finding 45 minutes where ever we can! Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 3:12:00 PM EST  
Blogger Lena Brandenburg said...

Yes, it's a great show! Glad to know you got the Tristlet back! :D

Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 12:37:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister has been on me to start watching Grey's... I'm a wicked ER fan, and she keeps telling me that this is just like ER was back at the beginning... maybe I'll rent it too!

Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 9:41:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home