Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Snow day!

Today is the first snow day of Gabriel's school career! Of course, I was up and already had him ready before the announcement came. Funny, I remember this school district doing the same thing when I was in school. It was annoying then too!

I was up long before the alarm went off anyway. I was so tired last night. I conked out at 7:30!! Having gone to bed so early, I kept waking up all through the night. I made myself go back to sleep every time though. Finally I had to get up around 4:45!

I still don't have Tristan! My aunt has kept him all this time. He is handful but I miss him so much. I'm not sure that I can get him back today either :(! My aunt lives out in the boondocks and the roads are snowy and icy. As a general rule, she doesn't travel out when the weather is like this. It's not really safe for me to try and go up either.

Gabriel has a doctor's appointment this afternoon too. I really don't want to cancel it. He has a nasty cough. Funny though, that is all he has, just a cough, no other symptoms. I guess I'll just see how the roads are when the time comes.

I'm happy to report, he's back to sleep now :)!! Maybe I'll go back to bed in a bit. It's not often that I get the chance. I'm watching the most messed episode of Buffy right now *lol*. It's Restless, the finale of the fourth season. It's definitely kind of out there! They are all stuck in a nightmare.

I got tagged by Lena yesterday, I guess I'm gonna do it. I don't really know that I have a bunch of interesting secrets to share though. The challenge is share 5 secrets. Okay, so here's my try...

  1. I'm only one semester shy of having a Bachelor's Degree in English. I have no plans to return to college to achieve said degree. I may never go back and I'm okay with that, though it seems everyone else has a problem with it.
  2. My Christmas tree is still up. One year, it stayed up until March. It may stay up that long this year. I don't really care so much.
  3. I'm overweight and I have no immediate plans to lose weight. Life is too short to worry about calories and fat grams. I eat what I want and I don't feel guilty about it. I love food and feel sorry for people who spend a lot of time worrying about their weight and what they can or cannot eat. I refuse to define myself by how much I weigh.
  4. I don't know if I believe in God anymore. Part of me does and part of me isn't so sure. I always used to think I would feel incredibly sad if I lost my faith in God but I don't feel that way at all. I don't really feel anything. Maybe I'll have a renewal of faith, maybe I won't.
  5. I drink Pepsi, almost exclusively. I never drink water and I only drink milk or juice a few times a year. A few times a week, I drink coffee (well creamer with a little bit of coffee).

Fun stuff, eh? Mostly I'm learning to accept myself. I have no ambition to return to school or lose weight. I'm content with myself the way I am. That gives me great peace. True, I suffer from depression. My depression is not environmental or situational, it's clinical. Perhaps, a chemical imbalance. Perhaps an unhappiness that lies deeper than anything I'm capable of controlling. What I do know, is that I'm not perfect. No one is perfect. No one's life is perfect. It doesn't matter how it looks from the outside. It's all just a facade. No one has it all together. Everyone has their demons and telling the world how wonderful your life is won't make them go away.

I refuse to crucify myself for my flaws. I will accept myself, the good and the bad. I will love myself. I may not be perfect. I may not always be completely happy but I will be true to myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lena Brandenburg said...

Hooray for snow days! I smell a LO!

Thanks for playing along, I hate being tagged LOL!

Have a great day! :)

Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at 8:46:00 AM EST  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Your post is wonderful. I hope you do have a renewal of faith. But it is so courageous to stand up and say that you're not sure. And you are right on about everyone having their demons. You really have a wonderful way with words.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 12:33:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Stephanie... hopefully you will have a renewal of your faith.
I have clinical depression so I can relate to the feeling of "nothing" or as I call it just feeling "blank". Hope this year is great for you and my tree is still up too!

~Marie

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 1:04:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the attitude you've got... it's great that you are accepting yourself and not letting anything get in the way of that. I was one thesis away from a master's degree back when I began teaching, and I never finished it. Oh well. It hasn't stopped me from being a great teacher! (and obviously your lack of an English degree isn't getting in the way of your writing... you're great at it!) No one is perfect, despite what they want people to think... well said!

Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 9:40:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home