Wednesday, November 22, 2006

i'm baaaaaaaa-ack

Thank you for all your concern over my earlier post (hugs). I am feeling better! I did make it to my dr's appointment and I have new prescriptions for my depression meds! I will be going to my family Thanksgiving tomorrow. It'll be good for me and boys! As hard as this single mom stuff is, my boys are my world. They are my inspiration, my joy, my peace, the answers to my prayers.
Now to share some of the funnier parts of my day. I love tuna salad. It's cheap, it's tasty, it's filling! A single mom's best friend ;)! So I was making a nice big batch this morning. I like boiled eggs in my tuna salad, so I always start by boiling eggs. I'm usually in a bit of hurry when I make them, so I cool down the eggs by putting them in a bowl full of cold water and setting it in the freezer for about 10 minutes. I usually set the timer on the stove when I do this, but today I forgot. I also forgot all about the tuna salad period. I got busy with cleaning and the kids and designing. I had my dr's appt. I come back home and DING DING DING. I remember, I'm starving so, of course, I finally remember. As you can imagine, I find a bowl full of frozen water with four hard boiled eggs trapped inside LOL!

Later, after I managed to thaw out said eggs, I discovered I have NO mayonnaise. I'm not so happy to report, that Tuna Salad CAN be made without mayonnaise....but it's not quite the same. Also, a cat will jump in the trash can to get empty tuna cans!

I also had a cute conversation with Tristan today! It went something like this:

Me: Tristan, do you love Mommy?
Tristan: No
Me: Do you love brother?
Tristan: No
Me: Tristan do you love Daddy?
Tristan: No
Me: Do you love Blues Clues?
Tristan: YEEEEAAAHH!

I guess I know where this kids loyalties lie *lol*!

I hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving! I've got a nice little idea brewing in my head, I'll let you in on it soon ;)!

Don't forget to hit my BF sales!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home