Tuesday, November 06, 2007

things never go as planned...

So much for my nice, quiet, extra long weekend!

So I tried to do my best on Saturday but I just didn't feel quite right. I just felt really tired and kind of blah but I managed to get through the day. Then at 3 am, I woke up in pain. I wasn't sure if they were really bad cramps or contractions but they were intense and painful. Soon thereafter I started throwing up. Whenever a really intense cramp would come I would get really hot and nauseated and start throwing up. By 7 am I had nothing left to throw up but bile. My munchkins were waking up and I had to call for help.

My Aunt Theresa came and took the kids and my brothers girlfriend, Susan, drove me to the hospital. I was taken directly up to labor and delivery. They did some checking to make sure I wasn't in pre-term labor. Thankfully, I wasn't. They still aren't sure what exactly caused it but they suspect I just caught a really nasty bug. I was really dehydrated so they had a terrible time getting an IV in me. After two bags of fluid, some IV Zantac, Phenergan and Zofran I finally stopped vomiting. My cramps had settled down enough that I was thankfully able to return home. Now my belly is just really sore from all the cramps and vomiting. I can't lift anything or bend over. Thankfully I feel fine now other than a sore belly. I have been really careful to eat very bland things (which get really boring and old really fast!) I'd rather eat bland than to ever experience another 12 hours like I did Sunday.

Hope you all had a much better weekend than I did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home