Friday, April 20, 2007

Kicking off the weekend with a bang!

After going to bed early last night Tristan woke up SCREAMING inconsolably at 4 am. I couldn't seem to comfort him at all and I couldn't figure out what was wrong at all. He wouldn't eat or drink anything :(. Some children's motrin and a warm bath calmed him down some . I rubbed his belly until he finally drifted off to sleep around 6 am. Of course, Gabriel was just waking up so no rest for mommy!

Tristan finally woke up just before noon, again screaming his head off :(. He was also burning up with fever :o! So off to the ER we all went! Let me tell you, getting a sick, feverish, crying toddler and a little guy in a wheelchair into the ER solo is no easy task! Tim was stuck at work with no one to relieve him and my Aunt was MIA!

My poor little guy had a bad ear infection :(! We have been so lucky with ear infections, combined my boys have only had a handful of them in their lives. I was so sad for my little Tristan to get such a bad one :(. They gave him some more tylenol for the fever, some ear drop s for the pain and prescription for the earache. We had to wait for a bit to see if we could coax him to drink anything. Finally he took several sips of sprite so they let us come home. Sadly he puked as soon as we got home and I haven't been able to get anything else down him since. He is sleeping now so hopefully when he wakes up he'll drink some more for me or back the ER we go! Can't have my little guy gettin dehydrated on me!

We had planned to have a fun afternoon outside and then go to Trading Days, a street festival going on this weekend but it looks like those things will have to wait. Perhaps he'll feel better tomorrow! Say a prayer for my little guy will ya?

God is so gracious and loving! He has carried me through this difficult day with grace. In the face of the diffulties I have been experiencing he has blessed me wondrously. I feel his love all around my home and family. Our Lord is protecting us and guiding us through the hard times. I am so uplifted by his kindness and mercy and love. My heart sings his praises!

Look for my good news coming very soon ;)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home