Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A year in the life....

Here I am! I am have doing this single mom gig for one year today. February 7, 2006 is the day that my ex-husband and I decided to seperate. In the immediate aftermath of the seperation I truly thought we would reconcile. We talked about it a lot and it seemed like we each just needed a break and that after some time we could get back together.

Obviously, that is not how things happened. If someone had told me that a year ago, I would have been devastated. Now....I'm okay. I wish I could say I'm great. I wish I could say I'm the happiest I've ever been. I can't say those things though. I can say that I survived. I stumbled several times a long the way. I have experienced depression so heavily that I did not want to make it to the next day. I have experienced a lot of sadness in this past year. More than my share, I'm afraid. But I made it. I'm here, really no worse for the wear.

In a sense, I feel somewhat empowered by that. I wish I felt more empowered by it. I wish I had made some great stride in the past year that would make me feel proud for doing it by myself. However, much of my year truly was just surviving. Just making it to the next day. Doing what I absolutely had to do and no more. I know that is an accomplishment, I didn't think I could do that much...by myself.

I wonder what the future holds for me and my boys. I know now, that is a good thing that we can't foresee our futures. We go through things in our life that we need to experience. We have no idea how it will change us inside. I try not to be afraid of my future. If anything, I know I'll be able to get through whatever life throws at me. I actually look forward to re-visiting this blog post one year from now. So many things can happen. One moment can change everything.

To celebrate my year of indepence everything in my stores at A Cherry On Top and Elemental Scraps have been marked down to $1 for 24 hours only!! Celebrate with me girls!!

I do have a couple of LOs to share with you! Here is one I did of my Tristan, I just love this photo. I often put off scrapping "favorite" photos for fear I can't do them justice but I love the ethereal feel this LO has to it. The papers from Jennifer Howland's Rendevous Paper Pack couldn't have been more perfect!! AND it's a steal at $2.50!!!!

Read Credits HERE
Here is another cute little girl! I have to hit my friends up for girl picks to scrap CT assignments with :P! This photo could not have been more perfect for Paula Duncan's Garden Party!!

Read Credits HERE



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((HUGS)))

Your LOs are beautiful!

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 at 8:22:00 AM EST  
Blogger Rebecca H. said...

good for you for making your way through what must have been a very difficult time for you - good for you for staying strong for your kiddos!

i checked out your digi products, and your stuff is beautiful! i'll have to stop back by later & do a little shopping! thanks for the sale!

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 at 8:42:00 AM EST  
Blogger Kelly said...

What an inspiring woman you are! BIG HUGS to you! and your LOs are gorgeous!!

(p.s. you are going to KILL me with this sale! I think I have about every kit of yours as it is though LOL)

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 at 9:19:00 AM EST  
Blogger Cre8tvlyyrsGina said...

Minus children...I went through the same as you 17 years ago at the tender age of 21 and had people told me that 17 years later I'd be married for 11 years with my blessing from God himself...I wouldn't have believed them! No way would I!! So I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and that things do get better and yes you will be surprised by the blessings to come for you!
{{Here for you}} CY, Gina

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 at 2:40:00 PM EST  
Blogger Juzahlyn said...

awww what a powerful entry..You are a brave woman to go through that but you came out strong!!You are an inspiration to many always remember that

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 at 8:18:00 PM EST  
Blogger Lena Brandenburg said...

This was a fab sale...your layouts are amazing as always :)

Oh and ps love the appropriate song for the day...since you introduced this song to me when i was having a tough time...it makes me smile actually...and is still on my mp3 player :)

Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 5:08:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep your head up girl!! What has kept me sane thru similar tough times is my favorite quote. Mother Teresa once said " I know that God won't give me more than I can handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much."

Saturday, February 10, 2007 at 1:00:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with all the comments above. Keep your head up and focus on your goals ...you and your family.

Your lo's are wonderful!!!
~Marie

Saturday, February 17, 2007 at 10:20:00 PM EST  
Blogger Paula :) said...

Your layouts are incredible and so are you!! You have accomplished alot this year!!

Paula

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 3:34:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home