Sunday, December 31, 2006

the last day of the year....

I know it's already 2007 in some places but it's still 2006 here, a little over 12 hours to go. I certainly won't be sad to see it go! It's been a rough year and I feel like I deserve a medal for surviving it.

Still trying to work out all the kinks in our schedule. Our little trip to the ER may have actually helped! I'll spare you the details, but we've been up since 5 a.m. I'm striving to make until a decent bedtime tonight. I may not even be awake when 2007 rolls in. Let's be realistic, there is a good chance I'll be awake but I'm hoping I won't be *lol*!

Tristan had a rough go yesterday when he finally woke up. He woke up screaming and continued to do so for almost 4 hours. I had run out of ibuprofen and couldn't get ahold of anyone to bring me some. So after 4 hours of inconsolable crying, I broke down and took the boys out to the store for ibuprofen.

Amazingly, as soon as we were in the car Tristan settled right down. Both boys were pure angels when we were in Wal-Mart. I got some school clothes for Gabriel, the ibuprofen, a few necessities and some new DVD's. I've been on a real movie kick lately. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact I'm practically up all night and there is nothing on at 3 a.m. *lol*

I'm a cheap girl though, so all the DVD's I bought came off of the bargain rack ($5.50) except for 2. I paid $7.50 for one and $9.96 for the other. I got Soul Survivors, Swimfan, Joy Ride, Empire Records, The Goonies, Stand By Me, Adventures in Babysitting, and The Craft. I sure picked some award winning cinema, huh? I love all my little guilty pleasures. I also got a Blue's Room DVD. Tristan likes Blue's Room almost as much as he likes Blue's Clues.

My Aunt Evelyn was waiting for me at home when I got back from the store. I don't see her that often. We used to be very close but she greatly disliked my husband and we "fell out." Though we have sort of reconciled. I still don't feel the same way about her. She brought the boys a couple presents. A little set of picture books and an Over the Hedge DVD. It was very nice of her. She barely knows them but she did very well picking out gifts! Tristan loves the books and the movie!

The actual visit was kind of awkward. She felt the need to lecture me about what I need to be doing with my life *rolls eyes*. It's really none of her business. Before I married my husband, I bent over backwards to please my family, sacrificing my own happiness. With age comes wisdome though. I don't care what anyone else thinks of how I'm living my life now. I'm the only person that can make me happy. I won't live by anyone else's standards and I won't have anyone tell me what to do. It's the one benefit to being 27, I'm grown up.

I majorly messed up with Gabriel's school stuff. I was supposed to take the papers for his enrollment and such to the school on Friday. I goofed and didn't get them there before the office closed. So I'm going to try and take them by tomorrow. I highly doubt anyone will be there though. If not, I'm going to see if my other aunt can watch Tristan on Monday Night. Then I'll get Gabriel and take him and the paperwork to school on Tuesday. I really need to talk with the principal and teacher again. I really don't think they understand Gabriel that well. He's almost 4 but really he's more like a baby. I don't they understand that. I need to feel some more reassurance about how he is going to be treated and cared for in my absence. I'm so nervous about it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did ya go Tab? No posts for almost a week. Trish

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 6:26:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home