Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The swing of things...

I am trying to get back in the swing of things. I honestly don't know what crashed my hard drive. Perhaps it was a virus? Maybe my HD was just old, I've had this pc since December 2002. That seems like a long time for a computer.

When it crashed, obviously, I was bummed and went into immediate scrap/dst/blog/e-mail withdrawal. I wasn't devastated though becuase I had a second hard drive. Most of my important stuff was safely tucked away on the second drive. My uncle is something of a computer guy and he assured me it should be just fine. So, I figured, at least most of my stuff is still there.

Of course, I was wrong! The primary hard drive is good and dead and the second drive decides it isn't formatted. Obviously, that isn't true but nothing would work. So I lost it all. Every single thing. Talk about devastating. Pictures I had lazily put off backing up, kits, alpha, element packs and *shudder* LOs :(. All gone. Just. Like. That.

BACK UP EVERYTHING OFTEN!

I do have one last remaining gleam of hope. The vast majority of my photos were on my primary drive. The guy I'm dating is a computer genius. He feels fairly confident that he can retrieve my photos from the crashed drive. I may marry this guy ;)!

I have to offer a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to all the stores that so generously allowed me to redownload my lost stuff.

Scrapbook-Bytes, Sweet Shoppe Designs, Design by Dani, The Digi Shoppe, Gina Miller Designs, The Lily Pad, The Shabby Shoppe and A Cherry On Top.

I do have a few other places I still need to contact and some designers that have moved. I guess I need to contact them personally but I keep putting it off. I know it's my fault for not having a better backup system. I just hate to bother the designers for something that was completely my fault. I may just suck up my losses.

In other big news. Gabriel has the flu!! My poor baby. He is feeling quite a bit better now but he was a pitiful site Sunday and Monday. He also had a double ear infection!! Triple Whammy!! I can count on one hand the number of ear infections he has ever had so I was really suprised! Tamiflu is a miracle drug, I tell you!! Tristan is also taking Tamiflu as a preventative measure. So far, so good. He has shown no signs of getting/having the flu, so please keep your fingers crossed for me!1

I am trying to get back to scrapping and designing. My computer crashed in mid project! Remember my Everday Celebrations Collection? I was nearly done with the fourth kit. Thank goodness, I had uploaded the first 3 kits for my CT so those aren't lost. I just have to start over with the 4th kit. I also lost those nifty bow/ribbon things I showed you. I will be working on those again too.

I started a page last night but was too tired to finish it. Hopefully, I'll get it done today. I was in shopping overdrive mode to compensate for all my lost goodies *lol*. I've got some neat new stuff to try on the page. I'm currently stuck with the title. I *know* what I want the title to be, I just can't get it situated right on the page. I'm going to keep playing around with it until I find the right look.

Catch ya tomorrow, bloggers!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home