Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hit the road, Jack

So Tim drives to the gas station last night to get some candy bars. While he was there a trucker approached him and insisted (I'm told) that he take this dog. A cute lil pup, a Jack Russell (named Jack of course) wearing a little doggie coat. Tim is a big old softie for animals and has difficulty saying no so of course he takes the dog.

Now don't get me wrong, I love animals. I love dogs even. One day I want to own a dog but not right now. I have small children. Most days I'm overworked and overwhelmed by them alone. The thought of puppy training and all those destructive behaviors that puppies have. I just can't handle it.

So Tim brought him on home and he's so adorable my heart starts to melt a little and I start thinking well maybe I could do it. But after only a few hours of dealing with puppy reminds me why I'm just not ready to have a puppy in the house yet. So this morning we offered Jack the Jack Russell to Lena and she accepted him!

I kind of feel like a mean old puppy grinch or something but puppies are a lot of work and I already have a lot of work to do. One day when the kids are a little bit older we'll get a great family dog and I'll devote much time, love and attention to said doggie, until then we'll just have to visit Jack (who may be getting a new name LOL :P)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home