Monday, January 04, 2010

Doctor, Doctor give me the news....

It seems we always start off the new year with a trip to the doctor, many trips usually. Tristan got to go back to school today. It was pretty white out there this morning and it's been snowing all day so I'm not sure if there will be school tomorrow or not :/. Instead of going to school, Gabriel got to go to the nephrologist.


We never go anywhere without ribbons for him to play with. That's my P365 today! We were waiting for Dr. Chishti to come and see us. I explained to the doctor that Gabriel just hadn't quite been himself since becoming so ill back in November. He felt that it was probably unlikely to be a kidney related issue so he wanted us to see our pediatrician after we done at his office. Luckily, our ped was right next door! So we had our blood work drawn and went to see Dr. Shaffer.

She suspected he may have mono but his bloodwork came back negative. She said it could be something a mono-like virus still. His throat was pretty red and his white blood cells were a bit elevated. His iron was low so he gets to start some iron supplements. I'm really excited about that :[. Another nasty med to add to his already full list of stuff he takes.

We've got another appt to head off to Friday, so we'll have that to dre...I mean look forward to. We have two actually. One in Cincinatti and one in Lexington :/. Not sure how that happened. I'll have to reschedule the one in Cincinatti since the appt in Lexington is more pressing.

Before I depart for the day, I'll share the page I did yesterday. It was for Digiscrap Rewind Challenge at SSD to rescrap a page you wanted to improve. This one is way better thankfully :p!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

I hope your little guy feels better soon and is back to his happy self!!! It's so hard when our kids just aren't themselves!!!

Love the layout too!!!!

Monday, January 4, 2010 at 2:58:00 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I hope he feels better soon... the page is adorable! I'm going to do the rewind one too this month.

Monday, January 4, 2010 at 3:03:00 PM EST  
Blogger Nathalie, eNKay Design said...

Oh, hope he feels better soon.

Monday, January 4, 2010 at 3:46:00 PM EST  
Blogger Chloé said...

Hope he feels better very soon! (((hugs)))! Great job on the LO, it looks fab!!

Monday, January 4, 2010 at 4:28:00 PM EST  
Blogger Traci Reed said...

poor little guy :( I hope they figure it out soon!!

Monday, January 4, 2010 at 11:28:00 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope your little boy will feels better soon! love your blog and you have such an amazing page!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 1:44:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home