Sunday, June 04, 2006

HOORAY! for SPF 50

Well, Nathan, Barb, and I went to the Strawberry Festival this weekend--it was mucho fun. Friday night my friend Susan called and asked me to go to the "bed races" I've never been to the Friday night activities but I said sure, and we met her up there. I'll have to post a picture for you to be able to believe it.

Teams of people build beds that they can race around our town square in. There is one driver and the rest of the team pushes. This year they had to go halfway around the square, then the driver had to get out, put on fireman gear, drag a 50 lb something or other and then use a hose to knock down targets, get back in the bed and race to the finish line. There were 24 teams and it was such a hoot to watch.

Then Saturday morning we got up early and watched the parade. It was pretty uneventful, nothing too flashy (last year we had the Budweiser Clydesdales and that was neat). The festival itself was crowded though. I got all of the food I mentioned in my last entry plus some candied almonds, and I bought one of Janitta's soy candles. It smells great! They were predicting 250,000 people being there and I wouldn't doubt it. Oh, and I signed a petition to go to the Board of Elections to ban indoor smoking. I don't know why Miami County hasn't done that considering many counties nearby have. But, that's just me.

We were in the very hot sun for 6 hours yesterday and it's no miracle I didn't burn--it's because of Barb bringing SPF 50 sunblock. Thanks, Barb. I'd be a lobster today without you.

Did you know a two fronted car can drive sideways? Did you know a two fronted car exists? I've never heard of such a thing...it still blows my mind...this literally looks like it was welded together, I have no idea how it functions but it looked like both drivers were driving. Weird. I'll leave you to ponder that note =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

Dude. My browser is wigging out, so who knows if this will ever reach ya'll. :) I'd have given anything to see those bed races--sounds like spirit assemblies in high school!

Lena- congrats on the new CT position for Laura! I saw your name and I was like "HEY! I know her!" (I actually said that about a few others, too.) :)

Monday, June 5, 2006 at 12:03:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home