Thursday, June 01, 2006



YAY! Finally! What I've been waiting for all year. Our town's strawberry festival. This is such a huge deal for me. I've got big plans this year. I'm super happy that it's my weekend with Nathan so we get to go together. Last year he was in the Strawberry Festival Parade. My friend Barb is coming Friday night from Columbus. She'll stay the night and we'll get up early to go stake out a spot for the parade. After the parade, we'll walk over the river to the levy for the festival. There will be a ton of vendors. My good friend Janitta will be selling her soy candles there this year...I hope she makes a ton of money :)

But the REAL reason I go is for the food!!! The tents I will be visiting in the following order:

1. Whoever it is that sells the corn on the cob that is cooked in foil on the grill. YUM.

2. Chocolate covered strawberries. A little pricey but worth it. Then I have to fight Nathan off for them. If he gets them, he just sucks off the chocolate and gives them back.

3. Schmidt's. They are a German place from Columbus. I get their food twice a year. At the festival and at Oktoberfest. I can take or leave the bratwurst, I go for the German Potato Salad.

4. Fresh hand squeezed strawberry lemonade. With real lemons and real strawberries. $2.50 a cup and worth every penny.

5. Fresh hand squeezed strawberry lemonade. I never get out without 2 cups LOL

So needless to say, I'm excited. Nathan and I geared up by going to the strawberry patch to pick this Memorial day. The price went up...$7 a bucket but they are the best strawberries on earth. And soooo fun to pick!!! Here's some pictures


So that'll be it from me for now....I'll try to write more, I promise ;D

~Lena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home