Sunday, October 01, 2006

Happy Sunday! and other ramblings...

I have been a lazy blogger lately but we have been swamped with life stuff! Since I last blogged, Tabatha and I have both been in the hospital! She is fine...her health issue should be straightened out at her appt tomorrow....and the baby and I are fine, too! I spent 3 days in L&D for some preterm labor and for my high blood pressure, but things are going okay now. Send me some "stay put Naomi" vibes! I need a few more weeks to get ready! I'm picking up my lot of cloth diapers next Saturday...and I think my shower will be the Saturday following....I need to make it to term! :D Right now I'm having 3 weekly appts...for AFI and NST for those of you who know what those are...and I'm swelling like Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...except I'm not violet, atleast! :D

My $40,000 package came in the mail yesterday....my Bachelor's Degree! It's been 6 weeks since graduation and I've been waiting anxiously...I actually hugged my letter carrier! Those of you who know me in person (which are only a few...) know that from this picture I AM incredibly swollen...everywhere...my face is so swollen right now I can't even smile big without my eyes closing LMBO! I gained 11 lbs of fluid the three days I was in the hospital. Go figure! So here's my super-proud moment...you'll probably see a layout or two once it's framed, no doubt!


We have been super busy with Collaborative Kits and things of that nature. Look for us in the October Mega Kit at Elemental Scraps and ACOT Collaborative Kit #11, Warm Autumn Breeze! We *should* be releasing our Halloween kits(s)...YES, that's two of 'em! today or tomorrow! All I will reveal for now is that they are called Wicked and Too Cute to Spook!

Today is the last day of our Contest....Bella Gypsy Delights! This is the first time we have done a recipe card contest and it has turned out REALLY WELL! We will be accepting submissions still until midnight tonight to contest@bellagypsydesigns.com and we will be reviewing them (and taste-testing them if we have to to make our decisions!) and the winners will be announced on our blog and probably shouted from every other scrapping rooftop on Oct 3! Every one who enters will receive a compiled zip of all of the recipes....and there are LOTS already! (some really yummy sounding ones, too!) To see the full rules of the contest....scroll down a few blog posts :)

You'll also want to be watching for an update from our hostage, Bella Bunny. I have a feeling that very soon you'll see Bella Bunny very happily being returned to her Creative Team! (If you don't know what this is about...scroll down to other blog posts and see Bella's plight)

On to other things...Our October Retirement Sale! This one is a BIGGIE! In August we retired The Dramatic Digs Collection, in September we retired our spring and summer themed kits, and now in Oct....The Coffee Shop Collection! Just in time to pick up and use all of the warm colors for your autumn layouts, too! All of this line is only 50 cents each at ACOT for the month of October...here's the link to see them all a little closer~! The Coffee Shop Collection


Okay, for those of you who need a recipe fix....Tabby makes these ALL the time...about once a week...but the household swarms to them when they come out of the oven and we've never taken a picture! LOL. We really like these brownies when they are warm because the fudge chunks are still melty. :) I promise to try and grab a pic next time....

Tabby's Homemade Brownies

2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/8 tsp salt
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
Sprinkle pecans on cookie sheet and toast in oven until lightly colored. Set aside to cool.
In saucepan over low heat, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Fold in the melted chocolate. Sift together the flour, and salt and add to mixture, stirring lightly. Chop the semisweet chocolate into coarse chunks and add to mixture, along with pecans. Mix until just blended. Pour batter into pan and smooth top.
Bake about 25 minutes. Let cool before cutting into bars.

So anyway....I bet you are interested in the freebie~! This paper pack is from our retired Dramatic Digs Collection. The matching element pack we will be giving away at our Monday Night Chat at Elemental Scraps. It's at 9pm EST...we'll remind you tomorrow...but don't miss out! :) Here's the link for the paper pack...but please leave us a comment so we know you visited! Just say HI! :D

BELLA CAPE FREEBIE



That's all from BellaGypsyLand, Scrappers! See you soon! :)

~Lena

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!! congrats on getting your diploma!

Sunday, October 1, 2006 at 12:37:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your degee! Thanks for the paper kit, hope I can make the chat. I would like to see the elements.

Sunday, October 1, 2006 at 1:38:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your diploma, and thansk for the papers! If you post a reminder on your blog, hopefully I can make it to the chat.

Sunday, October 1, 2006 at 2:46:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Alice said...

Congratulations on your diploma! Keeping you in my prayers you go to term without more complications. And thanks for the brownie recipe, looks yummy. Alice

Sunday, October 1, 2006 at 3:47:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on getting the diploma!!!

Sunday, October 1, 2006 at 5:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger JillSF said...

Contrats on the diploma!! And thank you for these great papers.

Sunday, October 1, 2006 at 7:52:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I look forward to using these papers on LO's for my sons, thanks so much. :)

Sunday, October 1, 2006 at 10:29:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first time to your blog... thank you for the great papers.. and most of all Congratulations for your degree... that is aweosme.!!!

Sunday, October 1, 2006 at 10:40:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Monique said...

Congrats! I'll be heading to the chat tonight. Love the papers.

Monday, October 2, 2006 at 6:59:00 AM EDT  
Blogger VJ's Scrap Room said...

Congratulations on the diploma.!!!! Way Cool.:-) Thanks for the papers too.:)

Monday, October 2, 2006 at 8:08:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you go girl! MAN i am so beyond proud of you Lena! So beyond proud!
NAOMI... STAY PUT!
I am having the same problem,actually, hence the being MIA. My little ditty with pre-term labour took place in the MIDST of a road-tri[, unfortunalty! Only missed one day of our weekedn away! LOL
and thanks for the recipe, I've been needing a chocolate fix! :)

Monday, October 2, 2006 at 8:24:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, lots of big events at your house! Congrats on the degree & best of luck as you keep that precious one cooking. I have twins that were preemies & my DD was born at 36 wks 6 days so "preemie" by the book. I know staying put is so hard, but keep up the good work! Thanks for all your lovely freebies. I sent my mom to your digiscrap for beginners chat a few weeks ago & she loved it! Thanks so much for the chats!

Monday, October 2, 2006 at 12:29:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TU :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will be there! Deb P

Monday, October 2, 2006 at 7:51:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on your diploma!

You have been tagged!
List 5 things about you or your pets that are weird, then tag 5 other people to do the same smile
have fun!

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 12:44:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much , your work is beautiful.... Mitsu-SP Brasil

Thursday, October 26, 2006 at 8:09:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home